Sample CD 製作!!

所有音樂製作的相關問題,包含系統的整合、製作過程、成品的選擇、製作的經驗與相關技巧、心得,以及非音樂軟硬體區所能解決的問題,歡迎來此交流。 注意:本討論區不討論與非法下載有關問題

Moderators: 深白色 (Arys Chien), Michael Lin

babryan
破50公民...努力升級中
破50公民...努力升級中

Post by babryan »

I agree to Digital_Vox
dxl在外國吧!所以接觸的高手較多
OK!這麼說好了,台灣的人口才兩千多萬
美國呢?
這是就人口比例來講
若就學音樂或藝術的人來講
台灣是金錢主義為導向吧!我想~
很多父母都覺得學藝術以後生活辛苦
因此很多小孩原本有藝術的天分,都被埋沒了
而外國不是,他們似乎對於孩子的發展比較民主化
因此嚕,若就學藝術的比例來說
外國是比我們來的多吧!!我想~
FIRST:外國人口多
SECOND:外國學藝術類的比例也多
就於有沒有創造天分。我想這倒未必
國際發明大獎屢次得到前三名的是哪一國?
TW-----台灣
創造力的來源
是來自四面八方的
無特定的方法與源由
Dragon_Huang
MidiMall 金牌家族天王
MidiMall 金牌家族天王

Post by Dragon_Huang »

Well, I think this topic is not talking about the Education of TW sucks or what , I am just trying talking about the Sample CD making processing here, So If you do interesting in this Topic. just stay tune with me.

In fact, I can tell you, I still think I am just an asshole music labor here in TW.
I Got the Royal Music school certificate, I've performance for last 10 years. I got m own studio. I can do a lots thing on my own .
and one important thing, I never been to US before.
So I am still not a pro. Even My students all call me as "Teacher".

Like Fred, Johnathan, Digivox, digidoll , Foho , All the people is Trying hard to making music on this land. Yep, TW in just a small island , but I would like to stay here and do something that I can do for this land.

Not like you DXL , Cuz you are far away, and just saying some bullshit about our motherland. I don't blame you. but You should know how to respect the people who working hard here for both of music and living .

If you can , just come back to TW, You will find out it's not ez to living here by music ..

Fact the reality , I hate to admit it , but I can do about 100 song each day like your E-music ...That too EZ for me . (acid loop music, right ?)

If you do want to do something for this land , You can help the people who need help here, not just laugh and walk away .

This word is from bottom of my heart . no matter you like it or not .

Peace
Paul Fang
MidiMall 天王大首領
MidiMall 天王大首領

Post by Paul Fang »

:shock: 灑水隊又來了...
大家還是討論音樂吧!
教育改革的事,與其期待政府去做,不如我們自己來做,大家在這小小的地方用中文交流經驗,這也是因為我們願意去分享自己的經驗。
不同國家有不同的環境與國情,就算是我們開放了,我們玩的畢竟是西洋的音樂,這就好像我們玩Blues玩到死也玩不過老黑,或者,請BabyFace來製作歌仔戲專輯?
音樂有他自己的路,英文是國際語言,所以洋樂自然是市場主流,我們呢? 努力提升Local的音樂品質就夠了,作有自己特色的音樂。
如果我們的級數提升了到某個程度,自然可以去跟外國人競爭,如同日本的阪本龍一....
所以我們也需要來自全世界不同地區的華人提供寶貴的經驗來交流,要提升本土音樂的素質,要靠大家努力,要有瘋子的精神,不是一兩個人能做到的
大家都加油吧!! Happy Chinese New Year!
Paul Fang
--真心對待每個人,認真做好每件事--
Jonathan
基本公民...大步邁進中
基本公民...大步邁進中

Post by Jonathan »

To dxl…

First I have something to say regarding your opinion of creativity:

I’ve got my master degree from NYU and I’ve lived in Germany for more than 4 years, so, I know about western education and commercial systems very well. To be frankly, I don’t think the Westerners in general are more creative than Taiwanese. The only difference is: In USA or Europe, they can gather all creative people through so called “corporate” and “industrial” infrastructure, and the talents of those creative people can be optimized by way of effective and profitable business operation. And the very crucial point is the MARKET SIZE…If the market size of Mandarin pop music is equally large as USA and Europe, then you will be surprised that there will be creative people emerging much more than you could ever imagine. By the way, I’ve also known many songwriters and producers from USA, and tell you the truth, they are NOT creative at all, and their works really suck!

I partially agree your comments on the issue of education. In USA, children are trained to have their independent thinking, and trained to differentiate themselves by all possible means…all these are originated from their culture and social value. In Taiwan, the 升學主義 has more or less deprived the creativity of our students. As a result, some of our young people are indeed one-track minded. But the good thing is, Taiwan is such a society full of dynamics and vitality, you’ll find lots of people regain or even enhance their creativity through their works.

If talking about the music industry, I can tell you that the most important point is “Marketability” instead of “Creativity”. I was the managing director of BMG Taiwan since 1996, and after BMG, I started my own record label “Cosmo Music”. I am so familiar with the mechanism of music business and I know tons of artists, songwriters and producers. And I find that there are more talented and creative music workers not from the “main-stream” arena. They are dedicated and hard-working people with strong persistence and passion for music. Of course there are rooms for them to improve from technical aspect, but, never under-estimate their talents and potential. They will come up with really outstanding music if they are given the proper opportunities.

Finally, to those who dedicate their time, love and life to music…
I must say : 加油!加油!再加油!
Just think about how the music of the Beatles once ruled the world…
Just think about how Led Zeppelin could make their classic “Stairway to Heaven” with only 8 tracks…

Good music never die, and they will never fade away…..!!!

To Dragon,
Regarding sample CD…..it’s only about market economy, demand and supply…
Of course their attitude and mentality of making sample CD is something admirable, but the bottom line is, they are willing to invest such a great deal of money and efforts just becoz they think the return (selling those sample CD) can justify the investment. For example, if you’re the boss of Roland and you want to make a brand new sample CD of percussion…if the sales forecast (worldwide) are 1,000,000 pieces with retail price US$200 each, that amounts to US$200 million in gross sales. I bet you would spend at least 10% of the gross sales to produce those sample CD. And that is US$20 million (NT$700,000,000) for sampling the percussion sounds…. WOW….isn’t that enough???
To be a Rock and not to Roll..!!!
Dragon_Huang
MidiMall 金牌家族天王
MidiMall 金牌家族天王

Post by Dragon_Huang »

Jonathan my man :
I totally agree with you . but After I saw today's evening news paper, Wow...the pirate market is about the half amount of our music market . No wonder , the Record company won't invest money anymore.

As you mention about the "Cosmo Record", you just do the right thing , If you still in now , you will get a lots of trouble.

About the Sample CD or Making a Album , The theory is the same , 沒有人願意做賠錢的生意, I think everyone here is all the same.
唱片市場一直萎縮, 這也不是我們願意見到的...

有一些重點, All of our life is a Chain-reaction . If the Record company won't invest , then the Case is gettign lesser and lesser . then the Arranger, producer and ppl who works for music is getting poor . and then
樂器行生意也會更差..and Blah, Blah, Blah.....

I am just trying to find my way to live here . and Everyone knows, it's not EZ .
Last edited by Dragon_Huang on Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fred lui
MidiMall 金牌家族天王
MidiMall 金牌家族天王

Post by fred lui »

哇...好濃的火藥味....
But. 我對台灣人有信心.
人口比例一直是個重要的因素..
I love fusion jazz. And I know many people like me, they love fusion jazz, but they can't find enough information in Taiwan. After all, jazz is not our music. But I'm trying to develop my own audience to listen to , enjoying my fusion music. This year, my own band will compose our own Taiwanese fusion jazz music. I just do what I wanna do. I won't give it up. Although I make money from pop music, arranging, composing, finally, I just want to play my own fusion jazz in pubs, making CD....
Anyway.
大家辛苦了
Paul Fang
MidiMall 天王大首領
MidiMall 天王大首領

Post by Paul Fang »

Well Well, 我們這裡真是高手如雲....
最近友版ModernMusician好像也有討論類似的問題,Mybe it's time for musician to change their ways of thinking...所以不景氣所帶來的衝擊其實也不見得是一件好事,It breaks the rule and young people got more chance to stand on the stage~

大家都仍在自己的崗位與音樂一起努力,No matter what you do. 為大家鼓掌!!Pa!Pa!Pa!
Paul Fang
--真心對待每個人,認真做好每件事--
Dragon_Huang
MidiMall 金牌家族天王
MidiMall 金牌家族天王

Post by Dragon_Huang »

Paul 是個老好人...........

To tell the truth,
If you want to be rich, You got to be a bitch.

That's what I learn from this cruel World.

This is a dog eats dog world.

PS: MIDIMall 的版上..還是滿有人情味的,這就是中國人的優點.
dxl

....... sorry, i know ............. it's hard to accept.........

Post by dxl »

[quote=\"Dragon_Huang\"]
Paul 是個老好人...........

To tell the truth,
If you want to be rich, You got to be a bitch.

That\\\'s what I learn from this cruel World.

This is a dog eats dog world.

PS: MIDIMall 的版上..還是滿有人情味的,這就是中國人的優點.
[/quote]

but there is limit, dragon,

i must say, white people are luckier

now i like North american style kind of people more becasue certain things, they are easier to understand,
and many of them won\\\'t try to bite you, or say bad things behind you (以比例) simpler mind but with more love is better, i prefer that more than \"samrt, cold, foxy people\"
我覺得很 多 很 多台灣人(比例) 的心機好重.............壓力大, 好恐怖.................
maybe you can\\\'t feel it.......... when you can\\\'t get used to other kind of world.

Education is the point.
盜版
音樂人才......... will all be improved
and ......time prove that, just the matter of when
Peace.
open mind!
dxl

Post by dxl »

Dragon_Huang wrote:Well, I think this topic is not talking about the Education of TW sucks or what , I am just trying talking about the Sample CD making processing here, So If you do interesting in this Topic. just stay tune with me.

In fact, I can tell you, I still think I am just an asshole music labor here in TW.
I Got the Royal Music school certificate, I've performance for last 10 years. I got m own studio. I can do a lots thing on my own .
and one important thing, I never been to US before.
So I am still not a pro. Even My students all call me as "Teacher".

Like Fred, Johnathan, Digivox, digidoll , Foho , All the people is Trying hard to making music on this land. Yep, TW in just a small island , but I would like to stay here and do something that I can do for this land.

Not like you DXL , Cuz you are far away, and just saying some bullshit about our motherland. I don't blame you. but You should know how to respect the people who working hard here for both of music and living .

If you can , just come back to TW, You will find out it's not ez to living here by music ..

Fact the reality , I hate to admit it , but I can do about 100 song each day like your E-music ...That too EZ for me . (acid loop music, right ?)

If you do want to do something for this land , You can help the people who need help here, not just laugh and walk away .

This word is from bottom of my heart . no matter you like it or not .

Peace

I already sense your fire on me back in the FruityLoop post,
if you think i'm using loops only, doesn't matter.
in face i have not yet try ACID to make any music. and 100..... ha not possible, the tuning of each insturments, mixing and stuff take as long as other kind of music.
if you are comming to canada, drop by my house, and see how i do we my tools.
i have recorded a band in school already, i know how to handle my soundcard, DAT machine, big mixers, then do the multi track recording, i know how to tune and compress the vocal, and know how to use the effects.
I don't play keyboard myself, but i play flute and drum, so somehow, i have some music back ground.
you don't like electronic music, doesn't matter, you are different age with me of course, eletronic music is getting better and the population is growing.
you don't need to think i really have the knowledge, i wll show u what i know when i'm back in tw.

i'm trying to say bad things about tw, and don't like tw, no your wrong.
i just telling you what kind of thing will make it better.

oh by the way, don't think if your using Protool, and hardwares, you will always be better than more computer based people,

likewise, time is changing.

i know, music as a job...... never easy anywhere, it's actaully harder here because there are more people into music.

TW is a lot easier to get on TV or Radio or Record company than here, so face it it's all because the copyright problem make it hard in tw, just do ur best to let TW's music standard to a higher level!! :p