感恩~
Paul Fang
MidiMall 天王大首領
MidiMall 天王大首領

Re: 純A類BiAmp監聽喇叭--Solitaire Reference 5A討論

Post by Paul Fang »

可以參考一下

Why Class-A?
Class A circuits are designed with a constant current flowing through all of the transistors, which is sufficient to drive the peak output required from each block of the circuit. This ensures that every transistor is kept at its optimum operating point, minimising nonlinearities due to changes in current and internal thermal effects, and eliminating the objectionable “cross-over” distortion typical of class AB circuits.
Due to the higher steady state (or “quiescent”) currents used, the power dissipation of class A circuits is substantially higher than can in general be handled by integrated circuits. It is also possible to design discrete transistor circuits to operate at higher voltage rails than are available for audio integrated circuits, adding the benefit of greater headroom and improved dynamic range.

The outstanding audio quality is reflected in the technical specification of the units, with particularly low noise and distortion, and wide frequency response.
Paul Fang
--真心對待每個人,認真做好每件事--
brotools
初級公民...貼文學習中

Post by brotools »

Paul Fang wrote:已經報價,若有幸買了,不會後悔的 =~;)

Thanks Paul made this happen and I think I am the only one in Hong Kong can have my hand on it. Paul asked me to write an review and I am doing it now after I got it for more than a month.
There are several reasons. I have a 5 months old daughter. I couldn't believe it when I first plugged it in my system. The photo is my studio in a mess with Solitaire 5A, Adam 3A, Genelec 8040 which I compared them all. You may guess 8040 is the definitely loser.

I changed the position of the speakers several time as I can't believe that 5A is significantly better with the first listen. Warm up time for 5A was about an hour after unpacking, I started immediately as I was so anxious. Something must be wrong with my cable was my first impression, 5A's picture of sound was so full. What I can really describe is 8040 is 3R photo, 3A is a 4R photos taking with 1 Mega pixel camera while 5A is a 8R photo taken with a 10Mega pixel camera with Zesis lens.
I am using my Neve 8816 as A/B switcher for the speaker with my Lary DA-10 and my Benchmark DAC-1. My Digidesign 192 was use as well for comparison. Paul recommend me not using my Neve and use out put direct from the DA and I tried it as well. I can tell the different of using different DA, direct or with Neve is subtle. Switching between speakers give me much much more impact, I can tell immediately which one is which as the picture is so different.
I've lot of experience comparing different speakers, micpre, AD, DA microphones etc. It usually takes me a few hours back and forth testing and most of the time it's hard to say which one is better if they are similar graded equipment. I may say I prefer that one for unknown reason.
I use quite a lot of materials to perform the test. I play a lot of CD through the system, I play several different bass guitars, electric guitars through the system. I play songs that I mixed before which I mixed with my 3A. I might say I should be able to mix them better with the 5A. I am going to do some mix by the end of this week and see how's it going.

Adam 3A is very popular here and quite a lot of arranger and producer using it. One point I would like to point out, Adam and Genelec put the sound image more upfront. Vocal always sound very close to you while 5A is a bit backward within my listening environment. However, depth and width of image of 5A kill them all. I asked my wife to pick which speakers she like when I play a song with A/B switcher. She dare don't know which one is which even she knew that I have a new pair of speakers. I asked her after I switch 3 or 4 time within a minutes. She picked the 5A, the difference is not subtle.

I've just share my experience with my little control room. I tried to keep the test as impartial as possible. All wire are the same ( Mogami ), speakers placement exchanged. You can see the 5A now at the bottom, my first setup is 3A at the bottom but the difference is even bigger. 3A at top of 5A sound better now but still..........!! I am coming to Taipei next week and 6A!!!!! Oh my god.
kcstudiohk
MidiMall 超級公民
MidiMall 超級公民

Post by kcstudiohk »

jimi 兄應該攪返個 5A 試聽團 =~=P~ =~=P~
Paul Fang
MidiMall 天王大首領
MidiMall 天王大首領

Post by Paul Fang »

又一篇
Midimall版友兼User Stanley同學的Solitaire Reference 5A心得報告
Paul Fang
--真心對待每個人,認真做好每件事--
shawn
MidiMall 實習小天王
MidiMall 實習小天王

Post by shawn »

Paul Fang wrote:又一篇
Midimall版友兼User Stanley同學的Solitaire Reference 5A心得報告

8O 檔案已經不在了嗎...? (好奇怪喔...我的電腦開不出來, 一定得到 http://stanleycmusic.blogspot.com/ 再去找才開的出來~)

樓上jimi兄來聽6A話應該也會很開心的...嘿嘿...希望你的room大到足以放的下6A的超大尺寸soundscape... :mrgreen:
THEY ARE MONSTROUS!
stanley_c
MidiMall 超級公民
MidiMall 超級公民

Post by stanley_c »

哈~
原本覺得寫的不太好
不敢放上來的說

其實很多心得都還沒寫到就草草結束了
5a真的是對很好玩的喇叭 [支持]