器材測試

所有音樂製作的相關問題,包含系統的整合、製作過程、成品的選擇、製作的經驗與相關技巧、心得,以及非音樂軟硬體區所能解決的問題,歡迎來此交流。 注意:本討論區不討論與非法下載有關問題

Moderators: 深白色 (Arys Chien), Michael Lin

Advid
破50公民...努力升級中
破50公民...努力升級中

Post by Advid »

Well, Jonathan, since you will do the test in Guitar Center,you must tell us what's the results. Don't forget to bring some reference with you to listen to the speakers ( audio monitors ) brfore you do the comparison test !
Bring the CDs that you're familar with, I mean the sound and the materials
that you can tell from different envirement.
Michael

dd

Post by Michael »

Jonathan wrote:hi, Dragon, Advid, Paul and Michael
Thanks so much for sharing your precious experience and offering me with useful suggestions...there're always two many options but too few opportunites to try them all. As to what i want them for my music? well, the music style is pretty much like the mixture of Pink Floyd and U2, which is lots of synth and multi-layer guitar effects. And my vocal (especially the mid-range tonal expression) is similar with Jim Morrison's (may he rest in peace).......so, another blend of american and european..haha. Anyway, I will go to LA next week and i have one afternoon free to shop for those gears, if i'm lucky enough, maybe i can try and test some mic and pre at the Guitar Center in LA...So, I'll keep my fingers crossed...Hopefully i'll be able to get myself the best combination for my music work...

Thanks again guys....

If european rock/alternative is your style, then JoeMeek is a definite contender for your money! The Brits tend to use alot of different type of stuff than Americans and thus get a different sound which personally I feel is newer and fresher than the US equivalent (I mean, how many times can you listen to Aerosmith?! I'd rather die!).

Joe Meek and TL Audio are very British in sound. Very aggressive which is also the British sound compared to US which is more mellow and smooth.

I bought my Joe Meek at Guitar Center which had a room with every micpre hooked up to a U-87. I had the artist spend an hour just singing into it while I A/B'ed all the mic pres. I was going to get the Focusrite Red before I went there. I left with a VC1.