在送給別人mastering之前,自己的音樂要先做到哪種程度!?

所有音樂製作的相關問題,包含系統的整合、製作過程、成品的選擇、製作的經驗與相關技巧、心得,以及非音樂軟硬體區所能解決的問題,歡迎來此交流。 注意:本討論區不討論與非法下載有關問題

Moderators: 深白色 (Arys Chien), Michael Lin

Paul Fang
MidiMall 天王大首領
MidiMall 天王大首領

Re: 在送給別人mastering之前,自己的音樂要先做到哪種程度!?

Post by Paul Fang »

最後要處理的兩軌,你掛的東西愈多,他能動的愈少,除非你家都是mastering等級的怪獸,那就另當別論啦
Paul Fang
--真心對待每個人,認真做好每件事--
NOIZ
MidiMall 超級公民
MidiMall 超級公民

Re: 在送給別人mastering之前,自己的音樂要先做到哪種程度!?

Post by NOIZ »

可以參考這篇文章

http://www.westwestsidemusic.com/faq.htm

Should I compress my mixes in an attempt to make them louder?
This can only be answered if we hear what your mixes are sounding like, and what you desire you final CD to sound like. Even then, compression used on a mix bus can be an essential part of the mix, and just "taking it off", could make things worse. We sometimes suggest that project studios not compress their overall mixes (especially if you are not familiar with what limitations are created by over using two-mix compression). It is sometimes done poorly (irreversible) and we may therefore achieve better results here. We can often listen to a reference mix (sent prior to final mixing) to evaluate the overall feel and compression of a mix. However if you are confidant in your ability to make this judgment, a great blend can be had on your own (if possible, print a mix with and without compression if you feel uncertain).

What level should I print my Digital Mix at?
We suggest your mixes should be peaking at around –4dB on digital meters (always below “0” or dBFS “Maximum”). This gives us more room to work with to make your song sound better (however, please don't feel the need to re-mix if your levels are lower or higher. Call us. This is just our suggestion if you are beginning or presently adjusting mixes). If overall CD loudness is a concern for you, have confidence that we can and will make your music as loud as possible (obviously within limits that can be discussed). Your “brick wall” (maxing out the headroom) may prevent us from using processing here (talk to us if you have any concerns about this). This also doesn't mean just trimming your 2 mix master fader to -4dB. This may just take your flatlined mixes down 4dB (which happens a lot). Please call us if you're confused about this.